At Hoowla we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our users.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly. This policy was last updated on 24th May 2018.
When you share your personal data with us, we treat it with care and take our responsibility to protect it seriously
As a processor in respect of personal data shared with us we are GDPR compliant and will always makes available to the controller all information necessary to demonstrate compliance.
Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- i. Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- ii. Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information, create a account, case or person.
- iii. Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- i. To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- ii. To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- iii. To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time.
Storing Your Personal Data
We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated stored securely and stored within the European Union
You can export your data anytime
You can export a copy of your data in Hoowla whenever you like. Either view links in our website or using our backup tool. This includes your case and client details and does not need Hoowla to access the data once exported.
You can delete your data any time
You have the option to request us delete all of your data at any time, by emailing email@example.com. After you delete your data, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems. Generally, we will retain your financial data and personal data for a reasonable period, or for as long as the law requires.
We highly recommend that you export your data before cancelling, since many countries (including the UK) require you retain your business records going back many years, even if you have finished trading.
If your use of Hoowla expires, you account is not automatically cancelled within our system. We will retain historical details about your payments to Hoowla for accounting purposes, because we need to do so by law.
Disclosing Your Information
- i. In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- ii. Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- iii. To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Data breach notification
On becoming aware of a data breach we will notify the affected users within 72 hours and where appropriate any other authorities.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with the General Data protection Regulation act you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.
- You can unsubscribe from our promotional email communications at any time by just clicking the unsubscribe link in any email, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a Hoowla account, you will still receive any essential e-mails from us about your service, including notifications from the application and notifications about your billing and subscription.
- You have the right to request a copy of personal data we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us or send us an email using the contact details below.
- To provide the highest level of customer service we need accurate customer information. You can help by informing us whenever your circumstances change. You can ask us to correct incorrect personal data about you by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- You can find detailed information about your rights under UK Data Protection legislation on the UK Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.gov.uk.
Phone: 01792 687146
Post: 54 Mansel Street Swansea SA1 5TE
Our Data Protection Officer is Adam Curtis who can be contacted on the above details